SAP is one of the leaders in enterprise applications and has the largest market share in Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP solution. As SAP continues to be the most popular enterprise business system, there is a high demand for SAP consultants. As more and more companies are using SAP as a business software tool to optimize their businesses, there is a growing demand for SAP professionals. To jump start your SAP career do you need to take a break from your present job or education? No, you don’t need to do that. All you need is a laptop or PC or mobile device to download and browse the courses, an internet connection, and registration for the online courses. The ample SAP training opportunities available online will help you master the skills and knowledge of the different SAP modules.
SAP Beginners Course, Learn SAP Course – Online Beginner Training, and SAP Architect are online courses which you can take at your leisure and pace to become qualified and competent SAP consultants. The SAP Beginners Training course will teach you the basics of working in an SAP system, how to navigate in SAP system, work with master data and multiple sessions, understand the icons used in SAP, and illustrate how to customize a layout. This introductory course is designed for SAP beginners and after you have completed this course you will be comfortable working with the most commonly-used functions and features of SAP.
Overview of SAP Modules and Job Profiles
SAP has designed several modules over time that focus on different areas of a business. With such varied products and industrial applications, you have several career options to work as SAP professionals or consultants. You can either be a SAP network specialist, database administrator, security consultant, or handle implementation of the different modules of SAP. SAP implementation is a very complex process and requires adequate knowledge and training on the subject to attain the maxim benefits. SAP training helps one to gain expertise in software and programs that run to implement the SAP modules.
Here are some of the popular SAP functional modules and their areas of applications. FI (Financial Accounting), CO (Controlling), PS (Project Systems), HR or HCM for human resources, CRM for customer relationship management, SCM for supply chain management, PLM for product life cycle management, SRM for Supplier Relationship Management, SD for sales and distribution, BW for Business Warehouse, PM Module for plant maintenance, MM module concentrates on materials management, QM covers quality management, PP Module for production planning, and so on.
If you have experience in coding and programming then you can take courses to groom yourself as a SAP Basis (Netweaver) administrator or ABAP developer.
SAP Modules and Training Courses
Here are some quick references and links to the excellent courses from Udemy which help you master the different modules of SAP.
- SAP HCM Module provides step by step instructions for beginners to learn SAP HCM. The course introduces the participants to numerous tools and techniques available in SAP HCM.
- SAP SD Training is a comprehensive training on SAP SD or Sales Distribution module.
- SAP CRM is an overview course on CRM or Client Relationship Management and includes several modules that support key functional areas.
- SAP Materials Management – Purchasing & Material Master Data course will help you learn everything about handling purchasing and material master, inventory management, materials planning and control, invoice verification, and many other areas of today’s most profitable businesses.
- SAP Business Warehouse – SAP BW for Beginners and SAP BW 7.3 Introduction are excellent startup courses for learning SAP BW. The course starts with the absolute basics of working as a SAP BW Consultant and builds up to teach the advanced techniques of SAP BW.
- Learn SAP BEx Analyzer – 2014 Academy Training Course offers an in-depth training about how to master the BEx Analyzer and Query Designer tools, which are the key reporting components of the SAP BW & Business Intelligence suite of applications.
- SAP Warehouse Management Training is a comprehensive SAP WM training course that teaches you everything you should know to become a successful SAP WM consultant.
- SAP ABAP Programming For Beginners – 2014 – Online Training introduces you to the fundamental skills needed to understand SAP ABAP programming and to start creating your own ABAP programs.
- SAP HANA covers all the processes and technical know-how on SAP HANA.
- SAP ABAP on HANA Training for SAP ABAP Consultants will guide you if you are a beginner and will help you to succeed at operating and implementing SAP ABAP on HANA
- SAP Basis and Netweaver Training is a SAP Basis course which teaches you everything you need to know to work on SAP Administration and SAP Support.
- SAP Administration and SAP System Administration are courses which will empower you to become a successful basis administrator and a security administrator.
- SAP Architect covers the best practices and features of SAP Architecture, SAP governance and security.
- SAP Security Training for Beginners to Advance Users elaborates on SAP security. The instructor brings you up the ladder through security design, security implementation, support skills, and takes you from basic through advanced concepts by using advanced teaching skills.
SAP Training develops skills and experience in the practical management and application of ERP (SAP) technology. SAP training helps you maximize and accelerate the return on your investment in SAP solutions and gain the competitive advantage from your SAP solutions. I am sure the above introductory discussion and links will help you decide which module or product of SAP you want to master. Having the flexibility to create your own career path is important. So any time you want to make a professional career change or want to jump on the SAP training bandwagon, then the above online courses are great resources to check out. Depending on your preference and career moves, you can opt to become a subject-matter expert, administrator, programmer, project manager, people manager, or implementer of SAP modules. With so many online training opportunities and job roles to explore and choose from, I am sure making a career change or upgrading your knowledge base will be a cake walk.