Company Profile Examples : Make a Powerful Impact
If you have just launched a new business and are looking to make a great first impression on prospective customers, then it is essential to create a powerful company profile. A well-written company profile is an effective way to introduce the business to the potential customers and other stakeholders. A company profile is a professional introduction of the business and aims to inform the audience about its products and services.
Last Updated November 2019
Build A Strategic Brand From The Ground Up, To Catapult Your Marketing Impact | By Steve HouraghanExplore Course
To create business or company profiles, one needs to carefully develop a strategy and map out the characteristics to be highlighted and how to assimilate the unique offerings of the business in a concise yet attractive manner. A great profile is crucial for any business but it should not be the only promotional tool; one needs to create the right marketing mix to reach out to customers and get them interested in your brand.
Your high level strategy should identify the best markets for promotion, outreach and building sales to sustain the success of your business. In our discussion here, we’ll walk you through various aspects of how to write a powerful and informative company profile for businesses across industry verticals.
Importance of Company Profile
There are numerous reasons as to why businesses need a well-written company profile:
- It presents an opportunity for the prospective buyer to know about the company and enable direct interaction with the sales and marketing teams of the business. By using the right template, one can write an effective profile that will persuade the customers to know more, which ultimately leads to business growth.
- If the company profile is being created for the business website, then it must be carefully structured so that users will find all the important information like company address, contact details, management team etc. on sections like the ‘about us’ page. If the business is listed in an organization like the Better Business Bureau, then the profile makes it easy for customers to know about the company when trying to find services in that particular field of work.
- The company profile acts like an informative dossier that highlights what the business stands for and what serves as a roadmap for growth. It needs to be created from a reader’s perspective and must be tailor-made for the target audience.
Creating the company profile follows logically after you have a good business plan in place, or have already started. If you’re in the business planning phase, you should check out this course to better understand how to create an effective business plan. Choosing the right company profile template is essential to determine the main elements of the business. The sections featured depend on the kind of business and what are the expectations from the profile. One can find hundreds of business profile templates, from which the best one can be chosen to meet the requirements of the organization. Let’s look at some of the company profile examples to understand how to develop the right kind of profile for your business.
Company Profile Examples
Let’s use a few hypothetical companies as examples of a company profile and the type of information that should be included such as the name of the company, location, description and other details.
Example 1: Johnson Corporation
- Business Name: Johnson Corporation
- Business Address: 153 James Street, Miami, USA
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: 555-777-9999
General Business Activities Johnson Corporation has been established as a real estate company in North and South America. Our traditional business model is based on the accomplishment of properties in the real estate markets in America. Based on the decision of the company to diversify our properties; we have now established this corporation in Toronto. The revenues of our company are expected to be nearly US$50,000 per month depending on the variables that are factored in with investments in the real estate industry. There is a great need for certified or official bank checks in the future to deal with some real estate transactions. In addition to real estate investments, the company has invested portions of its assets in the purchase and sale of securities such as stocks and bonds as well as Forex trading on global markets.
- PurposeTo be a leader in the real estate industry by providing enhanced services, relationship and profitability.
- VisionTo provide quality services that exceeds the expectations of our esteemed customers.
- Mission statementTo build long term relationships with our customers and clients and provide exceptional customer services by pursuing business through innovation and advanced technology.
- Core values• We believe in treating our customers with respect and faith• We grow through creativity, invention and innovation.• We integrate honesty, integrity and business ethics into all aspects of our business functioning
- Goals• Regional expansion in the field of property management and develop a strong base of key customers.• Increase the assets and investments of the company to support the development of services.• To build good reputation in the field of real estate and property management and become a key player in the industry.
Scope of Work
Johnson Corporation conducts real estate marketing as well as real estate consulting. The company undertakes all maintenance duties for real estate facilities and organizations and conducts all the security and surveillance for the properties.
Financial Considerations The company expects to reach the desired profits in the first year and does not anticipate serious cash flow problems. We believe that the average profitability per month for the first 3 years will be sufficient. However, we have current borrowing from the Bank of America to be paid off in 3 years. Most of the company’s liabilities come from management investment.
Expected Activities of General Bank Account Initial Deposit of US$1000 by Bank of Toronto Official check was made. Then wire funds of nearly US$300,000 from securities account were made. To prove the origin of funds, account documentation will be provided.
Required Banking Services include savings account, checking account, online banking, and secured credit card and debit card.
Note how each and every bit of information provided here, helps create a story around the company and engages the customer.
Example 2: ABC KH, Inc.
Company Information and Contact Details
- Business Name: ABC KH, Inc.
- Business Address: 1240 North Expressway, Arizona
- Phone: 111-222-8900
- Fax: 111-333-444
- Annual Sales: $75 million
- Total number of Employees: 50
- Number of Employees at Head Office: 11
- Primary Line of Business: Wood Products
- John Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Jane Smith, Vice President of Product Development
- Sarah Jane, Vice President of Sales
- Noel Richards, Human Resources Executive
- Karla Louis, Plant Manager
ABC KH is considered as one of the leading supplier of fibreboard products in North America with 10 offices across the globe, including the head office in Arlington, VA. The company also has operations in the Middle East countries, carrying out work in the construction of new kilns.
“ABC KH Exports Increasing in China,” International Digest, November 5, 2009.
According to the market analysts, exports from ABC KH facilities in China will exceed the forecast and is expected to see a huge demand in numerous cities of America over the next 5 years.
ABC KH chief executive officer, John Smith has announced construction of new manufacturing units in different states of the U.S. states, that are expected to add several new jobs to the region.
The following document provides information related to the industry for SIC 2576.
Background and Development
The first market opportunities for designing fibreboard on a commercial basis began with the requirement of high strength resins by chemical industry. In 2000, the shipments of particleboard and fibreboard were estimated to be $5 billion, which increased to $25 billion by 2010…..
South Carolina is the leading manufacturer of reconstituted wood and related products. The primary target for U.S exports is the Asian furniture market….
Industry Leaders: ABC large board, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of fibreboard, which is one of the best re-constituted wood products. The company’s sales in 2010 totalled $50 billion…
Nearly 30,000 employees are employed in the wood products industry and the number is expected to increase in the coming years. Though there was a slight decline in the past 2-3 years, more and more people are seeking employment opportunities in the reconstituted wood product industry.
Latest technology and manufacturing equipment has improved the quality of reconstituted wood products. Even the fibreboards are being made fine with advanced equipment. Some of the technological innovations include resin recipes, wood preparation, and panel sanding and press technology.
Manufacturing of fibreboards starts with the selection of raw materials, where most of the raw materials are chips that are reclaimed from plywood plants. The raw material is cleaned using magnet. Next, the material is …..
These are few examples of well-written company profiles that not only give the required information to prospective customers but also provide an insight into the industry that the business operates in. Creating your company profile can be easy, if you’re clear about your business strategy and customer segment.
Tips to Write an Effective Company Profile
Since the company profile acts like an ambassador of the policies and working style of a business, a few tips as mentioned below will help in creating a company profile of top-notch quality:
- It is advised to start the company profile with a focused introduction that reflects the management style
- Don’t make use of idioms and phrases. It is always better to state the mission statement clearly
- Define the policy of the company by keeping the terms catchy and ideal for target customers
- Make use of proper format, font and style, as referred in different authenticated sources.
- Keep the business profile up-to-date. Review and revise the company profile as and when required.
In this competitive world, what your company needs is a winning horse. Business owners and managers often think that a sophisticated profile can bring more number of clients than the one written in simple language. This is a misconception, as a company profile that is loaded with heavy language is often difficult to understand and create disconnect with the audience. The uniqueness of a well written company profile not only leaves a good impression on the minds of the readers but can also provide you with the essential wings to fly high in the business world.
Top courses in Business Branding
Business Branding students also learn
Empower your team. Lead the industry.
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with Udemy Business.