What’s the best way to get new hires up to speed?
According to the US Department of Labor, 25% of all workers in the United States have worked at their company for less than a year. The average American also switches jobs about ten times before the age of 37.
As these statistics show, onboarding and training new hires is a huge part of corporate life in today’s world. Properly training a new hire is fundamental to your organization’s well-being, and a failure to do so results in both job dissatisfaction and low work performance for that employee.
Yes, training new employees is important. But the big question is: who is going to do it? And how?
- Have valuable staff members deliver training every time a batch of new hires come in?
- Lock your new staff in a room with a boring manual?
- Force new hires into a schedule that will conflict with their work?
Clearly, none of the above is a great solution to employee onboarding.
Many companies are finding that one of the best ways to train employees is by using online learning (e-Learning). With online training, you can reach all of your new hires with a consistent, focused message at a place and time that is convenient for them and your company.
There are several compelling reasons for your company to develop e-Learning training modules:
- Time: workers can engage in training whenever is best for them and the company.
- Retention: e-Learning allows employees to rewatch difficult content and revisit pertinent information in a convenient way.
- No Travel Expenses: with e-learning, there is no need to fly instructors in or employees out for training. All you need is a computer or a mobile device and you can train from anywhere in the world!
Udemy for Organizations (UFO) offers an on-demand corporate training solution. Our online platform brings offers an easy solution to training your team plus powerful analytics to track employees’ progress. Sign up to check out the future of corporate training!
Empower your team. Lead the industry.
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with Udemy for Business.