One of the most painful and crippling types of body pain is back pain. Back pain, especially upper right back pain can leave you bedridden for days and even weeks. Old age is often attributed to this problem, but the truth is, you can prevent upper right back pain at any age with the proper stretching and exercise techniques. Injuries to the back may come at any time and can leave you unable to work so it is best to strengthen your core and back before an injury occurs. You can learn different ways to prevent back pain with five easy steps that will help you improve your body strength as well.
There are also preventative measures you can take on a daily basis that will not only improve your flexibility and strength, but create a regimen for a healthy and fit life. The Asian martial art of Tai Chi Qigong, often seen practiced by people in parks is an amazing way to maintain mobility and fight the causes of upper right back pain. Exercises in Tai Chi Qigong are available for all ages and will change your daily routine for the better. Check out more examples and exercises in courses taught by a Tai Chi Qigong master. Tai Chi is an amazing form of body and mind meditation that will improve your overall back health. This then will help improve confidence and posture helping you in everyday life.
Improving posture prevents many of the causes of upper right back pain. This pain can be caused by what is called pinched nerve. Your ribs attach to a long, flat bone in the center of the chest called the sternum. They attach to and wrap around your back. If a nerve in this area is pinched, irritated, or injured, you may also feel pain in other places where the nerve travels, such as your arms, legs, chest, and belly. The pain could leave you unable to move and dependent on muscle relaxers. Just sitting up straight and maintaining a straightened spine will not only help your posture and self-image, but relieve upper right back pain and even neck or lower back pain.
Some tips to improve your posture are:
- Sit all the way back in your chair and align your back with the back-rest.
- Your chin should be aligned parallel to the floor and shoulders slightly pulled back when seated or standing.
- Computer screens should be at eye-level when typing.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor or slightly elevated when seated with your arms comfortably at a forty-five degree angle or at your sides.
For a more detailed description with ways to correct and maintain perfect posture explore a course in posture improvement. Products such as heating pads and inversion tables are on the market to relieve back pain and can be very helpful in relieving upper back pain, but are very costly. Improving posture, exercise and stretching along with better eating habits will keep your body lean and strong longer and prevent these pains before they arise.
Mattresses can affect how well we sleep and contribute to the onset of insomnia and back pain so it is important to practice good sleeping habits as well. More information on sleeping habits and fighting insomnia can be found right at home with Home Remedies For Insomnia: Knock Out Naturally! The best sleep posture for those who sleep on their back is lying on your back, with a pillow under your knees. For side-sleeper a pillow between the legs helps and for stomach sleepers a pillow under the abdomen. These tips will reduce stress on the lower back which, in turn, will reduce upper back and upper right back pressure leading to overall back improvement. A mattress that fits your sleep preference is necessary however. Try multiple mattresses to see what feels comfortable. A bed should not be rock hard nor pillow soft, but strong enough for proper back support. You can find more ways to maximize the time you sleep with tips on how to master your sleep.
Yoga is another way of improving sleep, muscle strength and flexibility while helping increase energy, aid stress relief, and achieve better health. You can do Yoga at the beginning of the day, during your lunch break, or in the evening. Since many Yoga postures do not require a mat or any additional equipment, Yoga functions as a convenient way to stay flexible at all times.
A few of the popular Yoga poses that can be done anywhere and help fight upper right back pain include:
- Mountain Pose – Stand upright with arms at your sides and chin parallel to the floor. This is the beginning posture and most basic of Yoga stances. Your breathing should be even and slow.
- Warrior – From a standing position step forward with your right foot till your back leg is extended behind you and your right leg is bent at a ninety-degree angle. Your left arm should extend forward with your hips twisted and your right arm extended behind you. Switch legs and arms to stretch the other side. Your breaths should be even and slow exhaling as you step into position.
- Warrior 1 – From the Warrior pose, you extend both arms upward toward the ceiling inhaling as you reach upward. Exhale as you bring your arms back downward.
- Forward Fold – For this pose, you begin in the mountain pose and inhale. As you reach downward toward your ankles exhale and reach as low as you can bringing your chest towards your knees. This pose is difficult and will improve as your flexibility improves.
- Utkatasana – This pose begins from the mountain pose. Inhale and bend your knees as you exhale till you are in a near-seated position. Extend your arms above your head breathing evenly and maintain.
These poses and many more will improve back health and relieve upper right back pain. It finally can feel good to take control of your body aches and prevent them completely. For more information on poses and uses you can learn from yoga masters. The best way to alleviate daily pains comes from within. These courses help you bring that out.
Many different remedies exist including acupuncture, meditation, and medicinal/herbal remedies. The key to defeating upper right back pain does not lie in treating the pain after it happens, but preventing it with good exercise, sleep and stretching techniques. Preventative measures like these will improve your quality of life and increase your happiness. It is hard to live with back pain. Solutions do exist and can change your life for the better.