Udemy Sees Rapid Growth in 2014
We’re incredibly proud to announce our 5 millionth student, as well as a long list of exciting milestones that make 2014 a year of unprecedented growth for Udemy! People across the globe are now recognizing the power of online learning to fuel their personal and professional lives at an unrivaled rate.
Be sure to catch the full year in review, and enjoy a snapshot of everyone’s hard work below. Go, team, go!
- Reached 5 million students
- Reached 13.4 million course enrollments
- Grew student base by 213 percent over 2013
- Published more than 12,000 new courses, a 57 percent increase over 2013
- Top 10 course instructors have earned over $10 million total teaching on Udemy
Overall company growth:
- Grew revenue by more than 160 percent over 2013
- Tripled employee count to 120 employees and moved into expanded headquarters in San Francisco’s SoMa district
- Opened our first European outpost, located in Dublin, Ireland
- Established Udemy Social Innovation, a program that helps nonprofits create online courses to increase their impact
- Raised $32 million in a Series C round in May, led by Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) with additional support from existing investors Insight Venture Partners and MHS Capital
Udemy for Business growth:
- Tripled the number of Udemy for Business courses
- Grew revenue by more than 288 percent over 2013
- Grew customer base by more than 169 percent, including customer wins like Lyft, Eventbrite, PepsiCo and IBM
Empower your team. Lead the industry.
Get unlimited access to 3,500+ of Udemy’s top courses for your team. Learn and improve skills across business, tech, design, and more.