- SPONSOR: Contest is sponsored by Udemy, Inc., 600 Harrison Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, California 94107 (“Sponsor”).
- TIMING: The Contest submission period begins on August 3, 2016, at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”), and ends on August 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM PDT (the “Contest Submission Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. All Entries must be submitted during the Contest Submission Period.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
- Content must be in digital format and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the website;
- Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, Prize Provider, or each of their products, or other people, products or companies;
- Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- No background artwork should appear in Content unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
- Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes doesn’t meet the above criteria, at its sole discretion.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Twitter account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Contestant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Contestant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- JUDGING: Judging will be completed in one (1) round. All Submissions will be prescreened to ensure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging. (“Qualified Submissions”).
At any time before, during or after the Contest Submission Period, Sponsor may, in its discretion, choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions, their creator’s name and profile information online (including Sponsor’s websites, social media pages, YouTube channels and third-party affiliate websites) for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a Qualified Submission.
On or around August 11, 2016, all Qualified Submissions will be reviewed and scored by a panel of qualified judges comprised of Sponsor’s marketing team, taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality (25%)
- Relevance to Question (50%)
- Compelling Nature of Tweet (25%)
The top-scoring two (2) Qualified Submissions will be deemed the potential winners of the Prize (“Selected Contestants”). In case of a tie, the tie-breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria set forth above, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in the order set forth above, as needed, to break the tie. In the event that a tie still remains, a new judge, selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will judge the tied entries based on the judging criteria set forth above.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Selected Contestants will be announced on or around August 11, 2016. Selected Contestants will be notified via Twitter direct messaging. Selected Contestants will be required to respond (as directed) to the Twitter notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification (“Notification”). Selected Contestants may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Selected Contestants will be required to complete and return the Release within seventy-two (72) hours of the date notice is sent. If a Selected Contestant: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond in a timely manner; or (iii) fails to return the Release as provided herein, such Contestant forfeits all rights to receive a prize, and an alternate Contestant may be selected (up to three attempts). Assumed notification by caller ID and any subsequent returned calls do not constitute a winner. Selected Contestant selection subject to verification, including verification of each Contestant’s eligibility.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each Contestant’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and may use the Contestant’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- LICENSE: As a condition of Submitting an entry or of receiving any prize, and unless prohibited by applicable law, all Contestants hereby provide a One Hundred Eighty (180) day exclusive irrevocable worldwide license to Sponsor after which time, Sponsor shall retain a perpetual non-exclusive license to use the Submission in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation, the term of which shall be the entire life of the copyright and shall be allowed to make derivative works, and/or edits to the Submission for practical or creative purposes. Should any Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to enter into license, or provide permissions for any reason, Contestants with the next highest score will be chosen from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected. Contestants will not be paid for their Submissions or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
- PRIZE: If eligible under these Official Rules, two (2) Selected Contestants will receive $100.00 in Udemy credits applied to Selected Contestants’ Udemy Accounts. Approximate Retail Value of Prize (“ARV”): $200.00.
Selected Contestant not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost, stolen, misdirected or undelivered prizes. Any and all activities related to the prize are at the Selected Contestant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
The prize may be a taxable event for Selected Contestant. For all prizes, all federal, state and local taxes and other expenses in connection with the prize are the sole responsibility of the Selected Contestant. Contestant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. If Selected Contestant is not able or willing to accept the Prize or any portion thereof for any reason, Prize may be forfeited and may not be awarded.
- CONDITIONS: Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor, including their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, including Prize Provider, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 20 entries, or receive no entries that have a judged score above 60%, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Sponsor may prohibit a contestant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. The internal laws of the State of California will govern these rules, and and disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be held liable, and your entry may be disqualified and may not be considered for any Prize, should your Submission be removed from Twitter for any reason.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or increase votes or views via a bot script, device or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- PUBLICITY: Sponsor reserves the right to use the Submissions to the Contest for publicity purposes prior to, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, and to use the name, likeness, hometown name, of any Contestant, including all or part of his/her Submission throughout the world, in perpetuity, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
- WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Contestant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
- OFFICIAL RULES and WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules visit blog.udemy.com or visit @Udemy on Twitter. The winners list will remain posted on both sites for two (2) weeks after the end of the Contest.
© 2016 Udemy, Inc. All rights reserved.