From a “thigh gap” to how you feel running up stairs, there are many ways to measure fit legs. While not any one method is a an accurate measure of health or fitness, there is nothing wrong with wanting slimmer, more tone, and defined legs. If you are looking for ways to tone your legs, thighs, or overall lower body area to look and feel more slim this summer, you have come to the right place. We are going to go over four different skinny legs workouts that you can do to achieve those slim limbs that you so desire.
These skinny legs workout methods will help you focus on finding a consistent routine, working out at home, working out at the gym, and revamping your overall diet.
Step 1: Develop a Consistent Routine
Skinny legs are not going to appear overnight or after a simple few days of working out. The key in changing and toning any part of your body is to stick to a consistent and regular routine. Here is a simple workout routine to get your legs warmed up.
- Start with 5 to 10 minutes of walking to get your leg muscles warmed up and going.
- Once you are done walking, stretch your muscles out for about 10 minutes.
- Jog for about 10 minutes straight. If you prefer, you can jump rope for about 7 minutes for a similar effect.
- Do kicks or kick backs. This involves kicking your legs up to your buttocks.
- Run in place for as long as you can and lift your knees up to waist-height as you are running.
- Once you have got your heart rate going, walk for about 5 minutes to slow your heart rate back down.
- Stretch in place for about 15 seconds to cool your body down.
- Drink water afterwards to keep your body and muscles properly hydrated.
Step 2: Skinny Legs Workout at Home
There are plenty of exercises that you can do around the house for skinny and slim legs.
- Bicycling or Cycling: Bicycling or cycling is sure fire ways to work out your legs, burn fat, and develop some muscle mass around your legs. Since you are looking to keep your legs looking slim and toned, however, try biking around casually instead of driving. If you have a stationary bike at home: use it. You can slim down your legs by burning between 320 to 450 calories each hour.
- Pilates: Pilates specifically target the muscles in your legs. Pilates will also work to build and tone the muscles in core areas of your legs, which make it a great exercise for achieving skinny legs. You can easily do Pilates at home by enrolling in an online pilates session. You will not have to worry about working out in public or driving anywhere, and you will be taught by a Pilate’s expert with over 20 years of experience.
- Leg Rolls: By doing these leg rolls, you definitely will not have rolls anywhere else. To do leg rolls, lie down on your right side with your left arm on the floor for support and balance. Raise your left leg up to hip level. Imagine that you leg is inside of a barrel and roll your leg around in circles. Aim to do about 80 of these for each of your legs.
- Squats: Squats are a pretty standard form of leg workouts and are very versatile. There are many different types of squats you can do. However, whichever form you take, make sure that you use proper technique. For a standard squat, stand with your legs shoulder-length apart. Slowly bring your bottom down towards the floor while bending your knees. Make sure that you keep your arms stretched out in front of you while you go down and arch your back slightly. Bring your bottom down as far as you can and keep the tension high in your leg muscles. While you are down as low as you can do, pause and exhale deeply. Then, slowly lift yourself up out of the squat. Perform 3 sets of 20 squats.
- Jump squats: If normal squats are too easy for you, consider doing jump squats. Lower yourself all the way down into a standard squat. Rather than returning to standing position slowly, jump into the air as high as you can, and land back down on both of your feet. Again, do these jump squats about 20 times in sets of 3. Keep in mind, however, that jump squats can be hard on your knees.
- Hip Extensions: Get a mat and kneel onto the mat with your elbows bent downwards towards the floor. Lift your leg up fully so that it is extended completely behind your body. Now bend your leg and draw it in so that it taps the back of your right knee. Extend your left leg out again and repeat. Perform the exercise with your other leg as well.
Step 3: Skinny Legs Workouts at the Gym
- Swim: Swimming is a great exercise if you want to give yourself a full body workout and tone and slim your legs down at the same time. It is a good cardiovascular exercise to help burn fat. Try swimming a few laps freestyle continuously for as long as you can. Swimming for an hour will burn you around 500 calories. As you get more comfortable in the water, consider trying out different strokes as well.
- Elliptical: If you are looking to slim down your legs, make sure that you stay away from an incline on the elliptical. Choose a low option and just focus on getting your heart pumping with repetitive leg movements.
- Take a class: There are plenty of leg slimming classes that you can take at the gym, such as a dance of Zumba class. Zumba is a more intense dancing course that can burn you up to 570 calories per hour.
- Team sport: If you are looking to exercise with other people in a team environment, consider: basketball, soccer, or ice hockey. All of these options are great for slimming down and toning your thighs and legs.
- Treadmill: For most people, a treadmill can be a less-desirable and more boring option. However, that does not mean it is not effective. Walking or running on a treadmill is going to get your heart pumping and legs moving, and depending on how fast you go, you can burn over 500 calories per hour.
Step 4: Skinny Leg Diet
Skinny and slim legs are not built solely on workouts and exercise alone. Diet plys a huge role in shaping your body structure and helping you burn off those pounds.
- Eat more protein and fewer carbohydrates. Lean protein, especially, will help you build muscle and tone your legs.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies have a lot of water, and will help keep you feeling full and satisfied longer while providing you with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water. If you want to slim down, eight glasses a day of water is a great way to start. Water is going to keep your immune system healthy, your skin glowing, and give you the energy you need throughout the day.
Start Slimming Down
When trying to slim down and achieve skinny legs, these skinny leg workouts will be great for you. Remember to eat healthy and be persistent with your workouts and don’t give up. To get yourself in the right frame of mind, enroll is this motivating weight-loss workout course that you can do in the comfort of your own home with no equipment required.