Recognizing signs of attraction from men is actually pretty vital. If you can pick up on the cues, you can decide how quickly to engage and how far to take it. Plus, if you can recognize them, you also know when they aren’t there. This can save you a lot of trouble before you lay all your cards on the table. The following signs of attraction are laid out clearly and plainly so you know whether or not a guy is into you (and, most importantly, to what extent). You might also consider this acclaimed course on how to create a mind-blowing relationship so you can keep the signs coming.
1. You Can’t Escape Evolution
Which is a good thing, as it turns out. Some signs of attraction are literally built into our DNA. We couldn’t hide them if we wanted to. They are natural responses that are triggered when we are genuinely attracted to another person. In other words, these organic signs of attraction are as foolproof as they come:
- Flushed: Blood likes to hover in our cheeks when we’re attracted to someone (the exact reason women wear blush, but men can’t hide behind that). A man with a lot of color in his face is a good sign. Interestingly, the lips and eyes are even better indicators: red lips and exceptionally white eyes mean a man is completely locked in.
- Happy Feet: Feet are like the needles on a compass, but in this case they always point towards the object of attraction. Feet that point towards you or are restless towards you (especially to the point of bumping) is a strong indicator of interest.
Find out about other laws of nature with this handy blog post on Law of Attraction Tips.
In many other countries in the world, the gender rules of attraction are reversed: women pursue men. But in America, if a man is literally pursuing you, then you have to believe this is more than coincidence. Holding a close proximity is a combination of instinct and purposeful display.
3. Now That’s How You Converse
Upholding an engaging conversation is not something you can do without thinking or when you aren’t interested. Conversation is difficult, and a humorous, engaging conversation takes more than work: it takes genuine interest to stimulate ideas and perpetuate the flow of conversation. If you’re good friends with a guy, this is to be expected on a regular basis, but there could definitely be more to it than just friendly protocol if your interests are always piqued. And a man you recently met who upholds a great conversation and has fun doing it, well, that’s the opposite of wasting time.
If it looks like things are getting serious quick, refer to this rebel’s guide to better sex and 30 ways to add sensuality to the bedroom.
4. Serving Platter Posture
Posture is, admittedly, somewhat cliché, but it’s also one of the strongest, most interest and most sexual indicators of attraction. We talked a little bit about posture under “Can’t Escape Evolution,” but there are several even more obvious clues that chemistry is happening right in front of your eyes.
- Open Posture: An open, serving platter posture is a great sign (at least, if you’re interested). A serving platter posture is one that is inviting and engaging, not bottled up with crossed arms or legs or angled steeply away. But if he’s facing you and liberally applying eye contact, all signs point to go.
- Mirror Image: Here’s an interesting fact: men (and women, for that matter) will subconsciously start mirroring your movements or gestures when they’re feeling flushed. You might notice certain aspects of your body language are being adopted. The bigger and more common replications are things like how you’re standing, how you’ve positioned your body, how you’re sitting, etc. But a guy might be head-over-heels if he starts mimicking your hand gestures and other smaller ticks.
Learn all the essential body language indicators with this Body Language for Relationships course on the secret language of love.
5. Fertility And Peacocking
We might like to think we’re above such animal rites as peacocking, but we (men) still adhere to some old-school animal kingdom tricks when it comes down to it.
Part of this has to do with fertility. A healthy, strong, physically appealing male is presumably a more fertile mate. For this reason, a man standing up straight, inhaling deeply to expand his chest, positioning his shoulders and feet squarely, and showcasing his hands are all things you should note. Arched spine, leaning too far back in a chair and resting an ankle on a knee are also strong signs of attraction.
6. The Gentleman’s Tease
Any idiot can tease a girl, and most of them do. In many cases, teasing is a method of self-defense that indicates insecurity and nervousness But teasing done right? Well, that’s another story entirely.
Playful or confident teasing (that also happens to be in good taste) can still be as charming and endearing as it was in eighth grade. Teasing in a humorous and light-hearted way is a definite sign of attraction; at the very least, friendship, which is an undeniable breeding ground for romance. If you think the relationship is headed that way, get some great free advice from this post on the law of attraction for the love of your life.
7. Word To The Wise On Physicality
Physical interaction can certainly be a strong indicator of attraction, but it isn’t the end-all be-all sign of true love that some sources would have you believe it is. People are social, physical animals by nature, and the stronger your friendship is with a man, the more physical the relationship is likely to be. And a lot of people are simply affectionate by nature. Don’t confuse arm-pats, hand touching or bear hugs for an invitation to take it to the next level. When it comes to being physical, make sure it’s pretty obvious what the intentions are before you act.
Once you’ve read all the signs and have started down the road to long-term bliss, check out this great course on the secrets of true love and soul-mate relationships.