SEO Proposal: How to Win Business
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a word that’s thrown around a lot these days by professionals and laymen alike. It’s the talk of the web – and it should be. SEO techniques change rapidly as the internet expands and SEO professionals tackle different approaches to achieve the top ranking spot on popular search engines.
What’s SEO? You know how when you search on Google and the top websites results appear? That’s called ranking. In order to obtain these top notch spots you will need to optimize your website for the search engines. Learn more about what Google knows about SEO in this comprehensive online training. There are a number of ways to do this, and as mentioned before, these ways change when the search engines change their algorithms and other trends on the internet occur. As an SEO program provider, you need to be on the up and up with what is going on in the world of the search engine guru’s, like Google, and how content management systems, like WordPress and Drupal, can help make your job a little easier. For more about SEO and WordPress try this online tutorial.
Seeking SEO help?
If you’re a business owner and the term SEO is foreign to you, you’ll need to do a little research on how these three letters can literally quintuple your profits. Learn the fundamentals of SEO in an hour in this online course. Think of it this way, when no one knows you exist, how are they going to use your services or buy your products? The more the word spreads about who you are and what you do the more business you get and the more money you make. Sounds good, right?
Now, just because you run a business doesn’t mean you’re automatically expected to fully understand SEO and apply it to your website (if you don’t have a website – you’re going to need to start there!). What you will need, however, is to know how to seek out a company that can do all of the dirty work for you. Once you begin shopping around you will be presented with a proposal from different SEO companies that highlights all the details of the agreement. The SEO proposal below is a sample of what a company might send you.
You know what’s going on, and that’s great because right now SEO business is booming. So, how do you dominate your competitors? Writing a solid proposal is the first thing you’re going to need to do. It’s kind of equivalent to presenting a graduate school with a statement of purpose, or a job with a cover letter. You need to detail what you do, why you’re the best and how you’re going to do it. Use the example below as guidance for your SEO program proposal and you’ll be sure to get clients left and right. If you are starting out as an SEO manager there is a course called Advanced SEO that covers basic SEO concepts and advanced overall marketing strategies you can use for your customers.
For a refresher on SEO take a few minutes to read From Content to Linking.
Proposal for Search Engine Optimization Program
April 8th, 2014
[Receiving company name]
123 Proposal Street, Charlottesville, VA 23220 (555) 555-5555 | iSEO Inc.
© This document contains confidential and proprietary information of Search Engine Optimization Inc. and should be used for evaluation purposes only. This document shall not be disclosed, published or used for any other purpose except with prior written permission.
Search Engine Optimization Inc. (referred hereafter as iSEO) is excited to submit a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) program proposal for the client, [enter customer’s company name]. In this proposal you will find the details of the program services, elements, terms and schedule for the SEO program.
As one of the best SEO companies, we make all necessary changes to your website to optimize it for top ranking on major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. The iSEO team is comprised of highly skilled SEO professionals that, combined, have over 25 years of experience. We can ensure that the necessary changes will be made to your website to market your business to the highest standards. Our priority is ensuring our customers success and providing unparalleled customer service.
The SEO program includes a series of changes to your website necessary to move your business up in the search engine rankings. After 15 years of being a leader in SEO, iSEO understands that even the smallest change in your website code can make the difference between ranking in the top five – and not ranking at all. A strong online presence increases traffic which ultimately increases sales. Here at iSEO, we ensure that your page is amongst those top rankers. Certain keywords and phrases will call the website to the front lines when a potential customer is searching an engine for your type of service. It’s our job to identify the best keywords for your type of business and then to tweak your website so these keywords are included and in the right place. There’s a lot more to it but you don’t have to worry about that – we’ve got it all covered for you. (If you’re curious as to the “key” to finding the right keyword phrases, there is a course called SEO Keyword Training – check it out, it could be a great start to a successful marketing plan for your business.)
This proposal covers a comprehensive SEO program. You may decide to do some of these services in house to save on time or money, and that’s okay. Just be warned that if one aspect of the full SEO program isn’t covered you will not be 100% search engine optimized and it could hurt you in the long run. If you leave all the work to us we will not only make all of the initial changes required, but we will maintain your site as the SEO landscape evolves to give you consistent positive results.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a strategic technique used by web professionals to maximize your market by way of search engines. In other words, SEO geeks pull out all the stops to make your website the best it can be by enhancing the code, content and other modifications to ensure your site ranks at the top when web browsers search relevant keywords. You may not know it’s SEO, but when you search Google for anything, the first page of results are all search engine optimized websites. Yours can be right there at the top when you enroll in iSEO’s comprehensive program.
When you choose iSEO as your search engine optimization professional manager, the following services are included:
- You will be assigned an SEO project manager that is responsible for every aspect of your website overhaul. They will serve as your point of contact for the duration of the optimization. The project manager will lead a team of web designers, SEO specialists and content providers that will ensure your website reaches the highest of standards for the SEO world.
- The aforementioned team of specialists will develop and employ code appropriate to your website to create a properly functioning online presence for your audience that will work across all browsers and all devices.
- iSEO will also do a complete competitors analysis to investigate what luck – good or bad – your competitors are having with their keyword phrases and their respective rankings on major search engines. You can designate which competitors you would like us to do research on. We can take this information to identify more optimal keyword phrases to put your business above your peers.
- Because of the detailed and ever changing nature of SEO, the iSEO team will manage an ongoing website audit. This just means we can identify key problems, address them, and continue to do so over the course of our agreement. Your website will be fully operational throughout all of the work being done on the back-end. iSEO provides ongoing site maintenance to ensure that the SEO tactics used on your site are continuously working at 100% efficiency.
- And rest assured, all of the work done is done according to the accepted best practice standards for SEO professionals and web developers worldwide.
- iSEO guarantees the following services throughout the SEO program:
- A comprehensive SEO program plan with a detailed timeline
- Web concept sketches, drawings, descriptions and mock ups
- SEO training for your web team
- A fully operational and professional SEO website
- Monthly reviews of SEO results
- On-going website modifications and updates
- A final review of the work done
Here is a proposed timeline for the iSEO Program for your review:
- Review Planning and Strategy 04/15/2014
- Concept Design 05/01/2014
- Initial Website Deployment 07/01/2014
- Initial Analytics Review and Training 08/01/2014
- On-going Review, Updates, Improvements 08/-03/ 2014-5
- Final Demonstration and Acceptance 04/15/2015
At the time of final demonstration and acceptance, you, the client, will be responsible for maintaining the website and sustaining SEO unless another agreement is reached and signed by both parties.
Terms and Agreement
iSEO dedicates an entire year to each client to ensure that the website is running at full capacity and remains a top notch search engine optimized site. That’s a lot of man power and a lot of hours spent refining the delicate code and content of your site. However, iSEO believes in providing professional and affordable service to clients; so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank.
The hours spent and associated costs are defined in the terms below:
- Web Designer: 40 hours at $40/hour = $1600
- SEO Project Manager: 70 hours at $50/hour = $3500
- Content Creators: 30 hours at $25/hour = $750
- Administrative/Tech Support: 15 hours at $20/hour = $300
Project Total = $6,150
Payment plans are available upon request. Non-profits receive a 10% discount on services.
Based on our discussions, we understand fully your business needs and can address all of them in a timely and effective manner. Our company goals include delivering excellent customer satisfaction while meeting key objectives and eliminating excessive and unnecessary fees. We are eager to work with you on your project and hope to bring out the best in your business. Upon acceptance of this proposal, iSEO will draft a Statement of Work based on the project requirements we’ve discussed. This will be for your review and will serve as the project contract between iSEO and you, the client.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or need to amend information given to us in our initial discussion about your business needs, please feel free to contact us directly via phone or email.
This proposal is only an example and can certainly be modified to fit the needs of your business as an SEO manager. You can add sections that may pertain to your specialty or you can keep the proposal as is and just change the numbers appropriately. The world of SEO is competitive so don’t be afraid to highlight your strong points and keep prices comparable to your peers. The more information you include in the proposal the better received it will likely be by your potential client. You don’t have to get all techie on them, but let them know how complicated optimizing a site can be – but how easily you can get it done. If you aren’t certified as an SEO provider yet, you can get an SEO certificate when you finish The Ultimate SEO Training Certification course online.
Top courses in SEO
SEO students also learn
Empower your team. Lead the industry.
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with Udemy Business.