The law of attraction is an unwritten and ungoverned premise that has been around for ages. Some even say it is in the Bible. There is, in fact, no scientific proof it actually works. However, tons of people subscribe to its principle, and there have been books, even films, made about it. It was once the subject of an “Oprah” show and still draws people to ponder its power and existence.
Most recently in 2006, the book “The Secret” came out and rekindled an interest in the law of attraction among the masses. This is a positive thinking concept, so it was apropos that so many people became fascinated with it since the U.S. and much of the world was in a somewhat depressed state, especially economically.
Before we can administer any law of attraction tips, we must lay down its foundation, which is basically this: like attracts like. It says that if you expect something positive to happen, then that’s what will go down; at the same time, if you expect something negative to happen, then it will happen that way.
People started pondering the premise in the 1700s, but it wasn’t until the early 1900s that writers actually started putting it in print. In 1902, a man named James Allen published a paper called “As A Man Thinketh.” Numerous articles followed, popping up in newspapers and magazines, and there was even a book published in 1906 on it, “The Law of Attraction in the Thought World.” And thus the debate began.
The Law of Attraction was becoming a popular topic of conversation as possible motivation in a world that was starting to become very industrial, inventive and entrepreneurial. The books on how to get rich were springing up, and one in particular came out in 1907 from writer Bruce MacLelland called “Prosperity Through Thought Force,” with a heavy reference to the law of attraction as “You are what you think, not what you think you are.”
Over the years it has blossomed into a widely practiced concept by people of all walks of life. People apply it to their businesses, their everyday lives and even their romantic situations. Learning the Law of Attraction basic principles, some say, can lead you to a happy, healthy and prosperous life.
One law of attraction tip comes from parents who have used the concept to successfully raise their children. One would imagine that it refers to a kid happily coming out into the world as an adult after growing up in a household full of positive thoughts and reinforcement. There’s even a course on the matter, taught by an actual parent who also is a certified Law of Attraction Practitioner and Life Skills Coach. Yes, you can be certified in the field. Her course is actually quite fascinating, covering very practical processes that include how to lead by example, understanding that your child is a mirror of you and how to ask for what you want. This is pure law of attraction stuff that can be applied to everyday life, whether or not you truly subscribe to the concept.
There are other followers who take the idea and combine with another method that people use to focus their energy, and that is through meditation. This course is also taught be a certified law of attraction technician who believes that people need the combination of the two more than ever to succeed in today’s challenging world. Topics covered include learning how to use law of attraction tips to earn more money, attract the right life partner and even draw better health.
The Psychology Behind It
The thing about the law of attraction, experts say, is that we have a tendency to attract things, whether we are conscious of it or not. That’s why it’s important to study it at some length so that you can consciously control what you attract. If you learn to apply basic law of attraction tips, you will learn how to use it to your advantage in just about any phase of your life.
You can even go one step beyond and get into the art of positive thinking. This is a totally engrossing course taught by Konstadina Sadoriniou, who is the founder of the Positive Change Academy, which works with business executives and other people that are interested in attracting more business, more success and more clients.
Law of Attraction Tips
There are three “laws” that go with the law of attraction: ask, believe and receive. In order to accomplish this three-part set, here’s a list of seven steps that you need to go through.
- Relax. Whatever it takes, do it. It might be meditation or a hot bath. Your brain can be very powerful when it is at ease.
- Make sure that you know what you want, and once you have finalized it, don’t doubt that you can get it. You have to be clear and concise to that your results are exactly what you want.
- Ask for it. For some people that will mean asking God or Buddha or Allah or whoever their spiritual leader is. For others it may simply mean asking the universe. Listen, if you believe in God, then it’s already yours and you just have to claim it. And that’s the same principle we’re talking about here.
- Write it down. Write it as if you already have it. Remember, the idea is that you are claiming it. The experts recommend you write it in an affirmation form, something like “I am so happy and grateful now that…” and conclude it with what it is you want… that new job, a marriage proposal from the love of your life, etc. As a side note to this, research totally supports the concept of writing things down. A recent study from Gail Matthews, a professor at the Dominican University of California, show that people who wrote down their goals and aspirations were 33 percent more likely to accomplish those goals. One more tip on that: be clear. Clarify. Be detailed.
- Imagine what it will be like when your desire comes into fruition. Visualize it. The experts say this step is crucial, as your wish should be working and beginning to manifest. Some go as far as putting together a vision board. You can cut things that you want from magazines or print things off the Internet, such as a house, a new car, etc.
- Be thankful. Write down the things that you are thankful for. Your god or the universe is providing for you and you need to show appreciation. It’s recommended that you write down five people or situations or things that you are grateful for every day, especially good to do before you lie down to go to sleep. While you rest, positive energy will flow back to you as a result of you expressing your gratitude.
- Trust. Don’t look for what you wished for. Believe. And you have to be patient. It’s not like magic and it will appear before you. If you believe in the law of attraction, it’s time to be confident now that it’s working on your behalf.
It’s Not Hocus Pocus
The law of attraction is the real deal. There are many, many successful people in this world who subscribe to its principles. One is one of the richest, most recognized success stories in the world: Oprah Winfrey. You have to give it some credit when you think about the fact that this woman rose from meager, even abusive, beginnings to become one of the most powerful, richest and most influential people in the world.
It’s serious business. Business leaders, business magazines and business experts preach the law of attraction. You can find articles in Forbes, Business Insider and more on the subject. In fact, here are some principles of the law of attraction that were gathered from a variety of respected and renowned media, including the renowned book, “The Law of Attraction: The Basic of the Teachings of Abraham,” by New York Times best-selling authors, Esther and Jerry Hicks, who also wrote “Money and the Law of Attraction: How to Attract Wealth.”
- You attract good or bad experiences, based on your thoughts.
- Thinking about something means you invite it in, even if you don’t want it.
- It’s better to trust your emotions than to overthink a decision.
- The more you focus on something, the more powerful it becomes.
- You can increase your magnetic power by devoting time to powerful thinking each day.
- You can make things happen more quickly by thinking about them more.
- To make change, you have to see things as you hope them to be, not as they are.
- Success isn’t a finite source; everyone can have it.
- Avoid television shows that deal with negative experiences, such as crime or illness.
- Don’t worry about what you’re dreaming; instead use your dreams as a guide.
Book, magazine and newspaper articles, online sites – the resources to gain law of attraction tips are endless. There is even an app on iTunes that you can download and it’s free. So go ahead and start practicing the law of attraction today.