While when you’re only just learning about The Law of Attraction, the ideas can seem a bit hard to fully believe in your heart, “you mean, if I just SAY I want to be happy, or have a convertible it will happen?” Well, not exactly. The Law of Attraction is based upon the principles of “what you think, what you speak, what you believe….so it is.”
While affirmations and vision boards are a part of the process of the Law of Attraction, there’s a whole lot more to it. For instance, the idea of speaking something into existence, is greatly attached to the idea that with these thoughts and feelings in action, something changes internally which then transforms everything externally. Magical thinking, hoopla and affirmations all have science attached to what happens chemically in your brain when you put a positive affirmation or thought out into the Universe.
So What’s the Science?
Movies like “The Secret,” the first popular film about The Law of Attraction and “What the Bleep do we Know?” the more scientific, quantum-psychics based film, brought the idea to our attention. The question is, how do we implement it into our daily lives and how does it work? The idea of “like attracts like” is largely related to our own perception and observation. Your own consciousness can profoundly direct and guide how you interact with and see the outside world. Science had showed us that observation invariably affects whatever’s being observed.
With powerful and mindful intentions, you start to remap, or “rewire” your brain, the way that it thinks and the neural pathways that have been formed. For instance, if your immediate response when you are in a place of stress is to immediately snap at your loved one, panic or go into a downward spiral, you may simply be reacting from conditioned ways of thinking and reacting in the past. To every action, there is a reaction. When you become more aware of your habitual reactions, you’re able to implement positive diversions in their place that starts to change the way you react. Or rather, you become less reactionary overall. Affirmations, yoga, meditation, all of these things contribute to seeing the world from a more positive mental state.
We’ve all been situations before where we feel a bad “vibe,” or negative energy. Human beings are built to respond and have the ability to identify such things for protection. If you can feel negative energy, you most certainly can feel positive energy. The cause and effect of positive energy is a snowball effect, bringing in more more of the same. The phrase, “when it rains it pours,” applies to both positive and negative reactions. Which one would you choose to rain on you?
Quantum Physics and The Facts:
With The Law of Attraction comes a lot of talk about Quantum Physics. People want to know that there’s some proof behind their beliefs and all the positive energy they’re putting out there. Other than just the fact that being positive feels good (no harm in that!)
Quantum physics is defined as: A theory in physics based on the concept of the subdivision of radiant energy into finite quanta and applied to numerous processes involving transference or transformation of energy in an atomic or molecular scale
Amazing fact #1: The “Observer Effect,” is the theory that at the subatomic level, energy responds to our mindful attention and becomes matter. A particle cannot manifest in ordinary space-time reality until we observe it. The incredible part of this is that we simply cannot manifest something into our reality unless it’s first been observed. The big dream, the healthier body, the ideal vacation, none of these things can be a part of your reality until you’ve observed them to be a possibility. Mind and matter are no longer separate.
Amazing Fact #2: “All material things are made up of atoms (which are made up of subatomic particles- protons, neutrons, electrons etc), which are 99.99999 percent energy and .00001 percent matter. Every physical thing in our life is not solid matter but rather, fields of energy or frequency patterns of information.”
Amazing Fact #3: Quantum Entanglement Theory states that all humans and the quantum field are interconnected. When two systems or particles interact, they then become linked. Meaning, we are all connected beyond space and time. This is The phenomenon Albert Einstein he called “spooky action at a distance.”
When you start to have an understanding of how The Law of Attraction and Quantum physics works, you understand that positive affirmations on a daily basis can, without a doubt, shape the course of your day and reality. Louise Hay, Author and founder of Hayhouse books has been one of the major thought leaders in using positive affirmations for healing, happiness and well being.
Words can wield great power when they’re used properly. Crafting an affirmation that aligns with your true desires means first observing and clarifying what it is that you truly want. Be detailed and be specific. How does it feel? What does it look like? How does it change your day from what you day looks like now? Affirmations with clear visualization put them into action at rapid speed.
You can integrate the power of visualization in your meditation practices by refining your affirmations. Holding a powerful visual in your minds eye of what it is that you’e affirming, helps your bring it into your reality. If you can see what it is you’re working towards, how you look going it and what your surroundings look like, you can better recognize it when it crosses your path.
There are several books and websites that can give you daily affirmations if you’re struggling to come up with your own. Some of our favorites that can guide your day from dark to light are:
- Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my own accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
- My future is an ideal projection of what I envision now.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- I listen, follow and hear my inner voice cleary. I know that I am guided towards my highest good always and I go forward with full trust and faith.
- I am loveable, loved and loving. There is nothing withholding divine love and acceptance from me.
- The Universe is prosperous and abundance is mine. There is no lack and my ability to live abundantly is in action, now.
- I am divinely protected, accepted and supported. I have all the answers that I need.
- I accept peace, harmony and stillness in my heart. I go forth with grace, fortitude and an open mind and heart.
- The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful
- I possess the ability to heal and thrive, it is my divine nature. I have all that I need to be healthy, happy and well.
From Esther and Jerry Hicks, Authors of “Ask and It is Given,”
- “You are the only one who creates in your experience—no one else. Everything that comes to you comes by the power of your thought. If there are changes you would like to make, it will be of great value to begin telling a different story—not only about your body, but about all subjects that have been troubling to you. As you begin to positively focus, getting to feel so good about so many subjects, you will begin to feel the power that creates worlds flowing through you.”
- “There is nothing for you to go back and live over, or fix, or feel regret about now. Every part of your life has unfolded just right. And so – now – knowing all that you know from where you now stand, now what do you want? The answers are now coming forth to you. Go forth in joy, and get on with it.”
- “Once you start deliberately offering thought, then you can never offer enough action to keep up with the thought. Once you access the Energy that creates worlds, a huge vortex comes into place, and there’s just not enough action for you to keep up with that. And so, what you have to do is visualize every step of the way, envision you happy in the process. Envision things in place, envision people catching on. Just envision it working. Skip over the how and the where and the when and the who — and just stay focused upon the what and the why.”
- “No one can deny you or grant you anything. It all comes to you by virtue of your vibration.”