Whether you’re looking for a beautiful quote, or perhaps an idea for your next tattoo or DIY craft project, there are several amazing Hebrew Quotes that we’ve compiled for your pleasure. From Yiddish sayings, to Jewish Proverbs and a few biblical quotes these are words that will pull your heart strings, make you laugh and certainly make you think. The wisdom and humor could go on and on. Do you have any to add?!
- לאהוב אות
- ו מי מודיע לך תקלות הפרטית. Translation: Love him who tells you your faults in private.
- אהבה טעמים מתוקים, אך רק עם לחם. Translation: Love tastes sweet, but only with bread.
- אהבה ושנאה תמיד להגזים. Translation: Love and hate always exaggerate.
- אוהב אותי מעט אך ארוך. Translation: Love me a little but long.
- A woman prefers poverty with love to wealth without love. – Hebrew Proverb
- Be careful not to make a woman weep. – Hebrew Proverb
- A wedding is like a funeral, but with musicians. – Hebrew Proverb
- I am for my beloved and my beloved is for me who pastures among the lilies – A biblical quote, Song of Songs 6:3
- An old man in the house is a burden, but an old woman is a treasure. – Hebrew Proverb
- A man without a woman cannot defend himself against seductions. – Hebrew Proverb
- “If you want to meet a princess, make yourself into a prince.” – Rabbi Dov Heller, Aish LA
- When two divorced people marry, four people get into bed. – Jewish Proverb
- One of life’s greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn’t good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world. – Jewish Proverb
- Do not ask questions of fairy tales. – Jewish Proverb
- אם מילה שוות שקל אחד, שתיקה שווה שני. Translation: If a word be worth one shekel, silence is worth two.
- הגאווה היא מסיכה אנו הופכים את התקלות. Translation: Pride is the mask we make of our faults.
- A borrower may not lend the thing he borrowed. – Hebrew Proverb
- Ambition destroys its possessor. – Hebrew Proverb
- A dream which has not been interpreted is like a letter unread. – Hebrew Proverb
- Beware of him who gives you advice according to his own interests. – Hebrew Proverb
- Approach the perfumer and thou wilt be perfumed. – Hebrew Proverb
- An advantage of poverty, your relatives gain nothing by your death. – Hebrew Proverb
- A little fire burns up a great deal of corn. – Hebrew Proverb
- “If you are not a better person tomorrow than you are today, what need have you for a tomorrow?” – Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
- “L’fum tzara agra, according to the effort is the reward.” – Ben Hei Hei, Ethics of the Fathers, 5:26.
- “Gam zu l’tova. This too is for the good.” – Nachum Ish Gamzu, Talmud, Taanit, 21a
- “Klieg, Klieg, Klieg-Du bist a Nar. You are smart, smart. smart – but you are not so smart!” – a Yiddish saying
- “I do not want followers who are righteous, rather I want followers who are too busy doing good that they won’t have time to do bad.” – Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Kotzk
- “A righteous man falls down seven times and gets up.” – King Solomon, Proverbs, 24:16.
- “If I am I because you are you, and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you. But if I am I because I am I, and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you.” – Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Kotzk
- A word less, as long as it’s the truth- Yiddish Saying
- A word helps a good person; but even a stick can’t help the bad- Yiddish Saying
- God is a father; luck is a stepfather- Yiddish Saying
- No one sees the hump on his own back.- Yiddish Saying
- What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t invent with your mouth.
- He that can’t endure the bad, will not live to see the good.
- Do not be wise in words – be wise in deeds.
- What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul. – Yiddish Proverb
- על בקבוק רבים חבר הוא נמצא. Translation: Over the bottle many a friend is found.
- מצא ידיד נאמן, מוצא אוצר. Translation: Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure.
- “Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falls, for he has not another to help him up” (4:9-10)
- Khavershaft iz shtarker vi brudershaft. Translation: Friendship is stronger than kinship.
- The good fellow to everyone is a good friend to no one. – Yiddish Proverb
- A friend you have to buy; enemies you get for nothing.- Yiddish Proverb
- Your friend has a friend; don’t tell him. – Jewish Proverb
- Never trust the man who tells you all his troubles but keeps from you all his joys. – Jewish Proverb
- A penny is a lot of money, if you have not got a penny- Jewish Proverb
- A rich man has no need of character. – Hebrew Proverb
- You can’t force anyone to love you or lend you money- Jewish Proverb
- Money will buy you everything but good sense- Jewish Proverb
- If you have money, men think you are wise, handsome, and able to sing like a bird.- Jewish Proverb
- Charity is the spice of riches. -Jewish Proverb
- A foolish rich man is still a lord- Yiddish Saying
- A penny at hand is worth a dollar at a distance- Yiddish Saying
- Being without money is always a mistake- Yiddish Saying
Phrases that will make you laugh:
- Rejoice not at thine enemy’s fall – but don’t rush to pick him up either.
- Ask about your neighbors, then buy the house.
- If the rich could hire the poor to die for them, the poor would make a very nice living.
- Dress up a broom and it will look nice too.
- He’s meditating on whether a flea has a belly-button.
- If you sleep with dogs, you get up with fleas.
- With horses you check the teeth; with a human you check the brains.
- Worries go down better with soup than without.
- If he were twice as smart, he’d be an idiot!
- If a girl can’t dance, she says the musicians can’t play.
- Don’t give me the honey and spare me the sting.
- “Lign in drerd un bakn beygl!”: A curse meaning “May you lie in the ground and bake bagels.”
- Sof ha’olam smola- Translation meaning, “at the end of the world, turn left!”
- The innkeeper loves a drunkard, but not for a son-in-law. – Jewish Proverb
Want to add to the list with your own personal quote? Brush up on your Hebrew skills and you could be speaking Hebrew in no time.
Empower your team. Lead the industry.
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with Udemy for Business.