It is definitely not cold anymore. This means that any extra holiday weight can make its way to the nearest exit now. If you are looking to lose weight this summer, but do not intend on starving yourself silly, you simply have to burn more calories than you consume. Luckily, there are specific foods and meal plans that are part of a fat burning diet that you can incorporate into your daily routine. A fat burning diet will help you lose fat, boost your metabolism, and build muscle all at the same time.
How to Incorporate Fat Burning Foods in Your Diet
A fat burning diet is all about incorporating fat burning foods into your daily diet and meal plan. Here are five simple steps that you can take right off the bat to start increasing the likelihood of fat loss.
Step 1: Eat Whole Grains and Protein for Breakfast
Selecting certain whole grains or whole grain cereals and pairing them with certain lean proteins will help to get your metabolism up and running the first thing once you wake up. If you think that cutting entire meals from your diet is going to help you lose weight, you are wrong. Many studies have shown that skipping breakfast or even skimping on breakfast will make you gain weight by causing you to be hungrier than usual later in the day. Consider incorporating these foods into your breakfast meal:
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is going to keep you full and help neutralize your blood sugar levels. It does this through its slow release of energy that can help with fat loss. Try to avoid oatmeal packages and select wholegrain rolled oats. Make your oatmeal with milk and cinnamon. The cinnamon will help control your appetite, and the milk will provide added calcium to help strengthen your bones.
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of lean protein. One egg has only 75 calories. Although many people stray away from egg yolk, egg yolk can help increase fat loss with the choline that it contains.
Step 2: Drink Healthy Amounts of Caffeine
Green tea has always been popular in the Asian countries, and it has recently gained a strong following in the United States once people found that green tea can provide a metabolism-increasing effect. This is thanks to the phytochemical compound known as catechins. Catechins help you burn calories by increasing your heart rate – which is the same effect as any caffeine stimulant. In addition to green tea, coffee can also help you burn calories by speeding up your heart rate. However, do not add excess cream or sweetener, because that will just negate the fat burning effect of a stimulant.
Step 3: Snack Smart
People can have a tendency to engage in mindless snacking. To make sure you do not fall victim to this, pack protein and nutrition dense snacks that you can eat throughout the day. Sure a bag of chips might look yummy, but try to go for snacks such as:
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is low in sugar and packed with protein to provide you with a great source of nutrients and energy. The protein content is going to help keep you full longer and your body will be working to burn protein, which can promote weight and fat loss.
- Fruit with high water content. This can be fruits such as: grapes, grapefruit, pears, apples, or berries. No matter what type of fruit you choose, fruits are generally low in calories and will keep you full longer because of their water content.
- Raw vegetables are packed with fruit and fiber as well and are low in calories.
- Raw nuts will deliver a good protein source. Just make sure that you do not eat mindless handfuls of nuts. They contain good fats, but they are still higher in calories than the other snacks on this list.
- Air-popped popcorn: If you must do some mindless snacking, consider noshing on some air-popped popcorn. Without the heavy amounts of butter and salt, popcorn is high in fiber and low in calories. This will keep you full longer and help you satisfy any hunger cravings.
Step 4: Heavy Lunch, Light Dinner
A lot of people like to go heavy on their dinners, but instead of focusing on dinner as the meal where you try to pack in all your food groups – aim to do that during lunch. For your lunch meal, make sure you include protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fruits or vegetables for a balanced nutrition. There are plenty of metabolism boosting foods that you can incorporate into your lunch to keep your metabolism going throughout the day and prevent a midday slump.
- Tofu: This soy wonder is definitely not a traditional protein, but it can boost your metabolism. Try to stay away from any processed soy products.
- Chicken and turkey: Both these meats are high in protein and can help you bulk up your muscles and make for a well-balanced fat-burning lunch.
- Salad: There is no surprise that salad contains water-packed vegetables that are going to help you burn fat and keep your calorie count low. To make your salad more interesting, add some lean protein, fruits, and nuts for flavor. If you want to incorporate a dressing, try to have it on the side to control the amount that goes into your food.
- Soup: Soup does a great job at filling you up with fewer calories. Just make sure to steer clear of creamy soups and stick to clear broth based soups that are heavy in lean protein and vegetables, such as chicken or tomato soup.
Step 5: Have a Healthy Dinner
Dinnertime is a great opportunity to get your family together and focus on good conversation and a healthy meal. Consider preparing your meal together with your family, as this will help educate everyone on the importance of fat burning and metabolism boosting foods to keep the entire family healthy and happy. Aim to incorporate these foods into your dinner plan:
- Lean meat: Most families are meat eaters, so aim to choose lean meats such as flank steak or the eye of round or top sirloin. These meats contain less fat per serving. Pork is also a good source of protein, but just stick to the lean cuts. The more protein that you eat, the more work your body will have to do to digest it, which makes it a great way to allow your body to burn fat and calories during digestion.
- Red meat: Red meat that comes from animals that were raised on grass will contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids. These help in burning fat and calories by lowering your Leptin hormone levels.
- Fish: Fish is one of the best and healthiest sources of protein that you can find, and it can be even more satisfying than chicken or beef. Fish contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which can help fight heart disease and other illnesses. To make your fish tasty, consider grilling or barbecuing it.
- Tuna: Tuna can also lower your Leptin hormone levels. The great thing about tuna, especially canned tuna, is that it is a cheap option and can make a great sandwich addition.
- Beans: Beans might have gotten a bad rep from the gases they can cause you to pass, but beans pack a “triple punch” when it comes to nutrients. Beans provide the benefits of vegetables, protein, and carry a good source of fiber. A single serving of beans can give you up to 12 grams of fiber and 15 grams of protein.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a protein-source that is popular amongst vegetarians. Quinoa provides 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per cup. It also packs other nutrients, such as iron, zinc, selenium, and vitamin E for a nutritious punch.
List of Fat Burning Vegetables
- Salad greens
- Brussels sprouts
- Peppers – green, red or yellow
- Gourds – cucumbers and squash
- Root vegetables, especially carrots and sweet potato
- Sweet corn
- Green beans
List of Fat Burning Fruits
- Citrus fruits like lemons
- Damson plum
List of Fat Burning Proteins
- Egg whites
- Chicken breast
- Sea bass
- Cod steaks
- Turkey breast
- Top round and flank steak
Other Fat Burning Foods
- Olive Oil
- Cereals and whole grains
- Various types of chilies
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat bread and pasta
- Green Tea
- Low fat dairy products like low-fat yogurt
- Nuts, Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Hazelnuts
Burn Your Fat Off
By incorporating these fat burning foods into your diet, you will be able to follow a fat burning diet to help you shed pounds and keep you feeling healthy, fit, and confident. For more creative and easy ways to burn fat and keep it off, enroll in this course to help melt your fat off.