You don’t have to be a chocoholic to enjoy a chocolate cake. There are myriad of variations, but the ultimate comes from seasoned bakers who cherish their death by chocolate cake recipe and only make it for special occasions.
Although you can use a boxed cake as a starter point, it’s really best for this to start from scratch. You might even want to make your chocolate from scratch. For an even tastier death by chocolate cake, use this easy and fun way to make your own chocolate. It’ll be useful for other delightfully delicious chocolate concoctions as well.
Here is a favorite death by chocolate cake recipe that will satisfy chocolate lovers anywhere and maybe even convert a few new people!
This is great for the summer time because of its cool ingredients.
What You Will Need
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Quart of vanilla ice cream
- 10×15 baking pan
- Wax paper
- Butter, margarine or cooking spray
What To Do
- Grease (or spray with cooking spray) your 10×15 pan, line with wax paper and set aside. Warm up the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. In a big bowl, thoroughly mix cocoa and powdered sugar together.
- Then separate the egg yolks into a bowl, add the vanilla and beat until thick.
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs whites to a foamy texture, add the salt and beat some more until the foam is light and makes little peaks.
- Mix together the cocoa and powdered sugar with the egg whites, then fold in the yolks and vanilla mixture. Gently mix it all together. You can do it by hand or use an electric mixer if you keep it on a relatively slow speed. Mix until very smooth.
- Spread the batter in the pan (don’t forget that the pan should be lined with wax paper!) evenly. Bake for about 18 to 2o minutes. Check to see if tooth pick or knife slides in and out cleanly, and that will tell you if it is ready for the next phase.
- Spread out a totally clean dish towel (also called a tea towel) and sprinkle it with powdered sugar, enough so that an area the size of the cake is lightly covered. Turn the cake out on to the towel.
- Roll the cake from the long end in the towel and then let it sit for about 2 minutes. Unroll it and let it sit some more, maybe about 3 minutes. Then roll it up again and allow to totally cool off.
- Get the ice cream out and set it aside to melt or soften. Unroll your cake and spread the ice cream evenly. Then roll it up again, sprinkle with powdered sugar, set it in a clean pan and put it in your freezer until ready to serve.
But we’re not done yet!
Bringing It All Together
You have to add the chocolate sauce. Here’s how to make that. You can do this while your cake is chilling the freezer. Here’s also where you might get a chance to use that chocolate or a version of it.
You will need:
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 oz. of unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup of boiling water
- 1-1/2 cup of sugar
- 7 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and the butter, then add the boiling water and mix together well. Add in the sugar and the corn syrup and mix until smooth. Boil it for 10 minutes. You do not have to stir it. Just don’t hard boil it. Then let it cool for about 20 minutes, add the vanilla and stir and you have to die for chocolate sauce for your cake.
Taking It To The Next Level
Take the cake out of the freezer and spoon the chocolate sauce over it. You can add other ingredients if you like, such as strawberries or raspberries. In fact, you have put so much effort into this cake, the decorations have to be special. Check out this handy little course on cake decorating. Its instructor has been in the business for some 30 years and is bound to teach you a trick or two.
If you can pull off this death by chocolate cake recipe, it might open up new doors for you. Maybe even help you jump start a baking or pastry-oriented career. Here’s a way to test your skills – look into this course on wedding case designs. You can find out how to stack the layers, produce sugary flowers and add chocolate nuances.
A lot of people these days are becoming conscious of their intake of gluten. Some are totally restricting their diet. If you possess a talent for creating cakes, you might want to start baking them for people on gluten-free diets. Imagine what a hit it could be and a new business opportunity for you if you have spare time, are a stay-at-home parent, or just are looking for a way to bake and money. Imagine making this death by chocolate cake recipe as a gluten-free product? Check out this course, which provides information on a gluten-free lifestyle.
Turn Your Death By Chocolate Cake Recipe Into Cash
This recipe can be adjusted and varied to your liking to fit any occasion. Chances are, no matter where you serve it, at your kid’s birthday party, parents’ anniversary or for a romantic dessert, it’s going to be a smash hit. People are going to ask two things: “How did you make this?” and “When did you find the time?” Your answer could be the beginning of your own little business.
Think about it… none of the ingredients are expensive and most people love chocolate. It’s a perfect combination. No excuses. If you did it once, you can do it again and again. And make a living out of it.
Turn your death by chocolate cake recipe into a hit and maybe even a moneymaking venture. Sounds delicious!