Many people believe that repeating daily positive affirmations is a silly ritual that won’t produce any positive results. While I must admit that I was one of many who thought the optimistic posters that adorned classroom walls were a little cheesy, it is true that you are what you think. If you tell yourself that you will be a failure at everything you try, you’ll give up all hope and you won’t succeed. Yet if you tell yourself that you will succeed, your brain will work as hard as it can to make that a reality. Life is what you make of it, and situations are the way you react to them. The more positive thoughts you have, the more positive your overall experience will be. Whether you’re a fan of positive affirmations or not, you’ll likely find a few here that will help you get through the worst of days.
No matter what problem you’re having, there’s a positive affirmation that you can repeat to yourself in order to rid yourself of negative feelings. If you’re feeling down and don’t know where to start, Udemy has a wonderful course on personal insight that will bring happiness back into your life!
When You are Feeling Lonely
- I gain peace from my own solitude, my alone time allows me to understand myself on a deeper level.
- Even though I am not with others, I feel love all around me.
- As a human, I am too unique and special to feel sad and lonely.
- I love myself and who I am becoming.
- The more I appreciate myself, the more others will as well.
You can use these affirmations or create your own, but repeating these to yourself can remind you that spending time alone is one of the most important things you can do. It allows you to spend some time soul searching and understand the type of people that you aim to surround yourself with. Once you realize that spending time alone is not a horrible thing, you’ll begin to really learn to love yourself and love the time you have to spend with your own thoughts.
When You are Nervous
- I trust myself and the decisions I am making.
- My subconscious knows what I want and I must follow it.
- I am drawing from my inner strength, I can make it through this.
- My gut tells me I am making the right choices.
- Following my intuition will keep me happy and safe.
Sometimes making decisions can be nerve wracking. Your heart tells you one thing yet your brain tells you another. Take some time to really focus on what you want. Are you nervous because others are telling you not to do what you feel you should do? Your intuition will always guide you to make the right choices – but only if you know how to listen to it. Block out all external noise and listen to your own soul; what is it that you truly want? The more you remind yourself that you are the master of your own life, the more you’ll learn to follow happiness.
When You are Feeling Insignificant
- I am a unique child of light, I have a beautiful purpose on this earth.
- I may be one of billions, but no one else is exactly like me.
- I have so much love and light to offer to others.
- My choices and actions make a difference.
- Today I will bring joy to at least one other person.
It can be easy to feel as though you blend in with the crowd, especially if you are shy or aren’t sure where you’re going in life. It’s important to remind yourself that you are important and you are loved by others, even when it feels as though no one notices your existence. The more you remind yourself that your actions and choices are just as important as those of others, the less you’ll feel as though you’re not an important part of this world.
When You Think all Hope is Lost
- While I may not see the light at the end of the tunnel, I know that it is there.
- I am choosing to look at this situation in a positive light.
- If I cannot do this myself, I will ask for the help of others.
- I know that there is more hope and courage inside of me.
- I am strong enough to make it through this.
Life isn’t all cupcakes and roses. Everyone will deal with situations where they feel as though they cannot go on any longer. It’s important not to give up hope in these situations. When it feels as though everything is crashing down around you, repeat that you are a strong, confident person and you know that you have the strength to get through this situation. Even if you can’t possibly imagine how you can be happy again, there is always hope. Time tends to heal most things, and while you may not see the light yet, it’ll come to you.
Everything Takes Time
You may spend weeks or months repeating these positive affirmations to yourself and not notice any change. The key part of making these daily affirmations work is believing that they will work. If you repeat these to yourself while thinking in the back of your mind that they won’t change your situation, then they won’t change your situation. If you believe that they will, then you’ll find that peace and happiness will begin to radiate throughout all aspects of your life. While this may sound like a bit of a placebo effect, you’ll find that most things in life come from believing that they will happen. Try it out yourself! If something in life is bothering you, try to repeat one of these daily affirmations to yourself. You may find that happiness is just a sentence away.
If you’re ready to give it a try, enroll in Udemy’s course The 10 Minute Daily Invigorator! The breathing and exercise techniques taught in this course are the perfect addition to your daily affirmations, leaving you happier and healthier.