Chocolate dessert recipes are incredible common. Chocolate is perhaps the most popular ingredient in dessert foods. Learning to bake with chocolate will allow you to prepare a variety of dessert treats. One popular dessert, chocolate lasagna, incorporates several different sweet layers, resulting in a sugary version of the popular dinner dish. Mastering these chocolate lasagna recipes will improve your baking skills, allowing you to create more complex and sweet desserts.
Oreo Chocolate Lasagna
This recipe is for a chocolate lasagna in which Oreo cookies are the main ingredient. You will need the following ingredients to prepare this dessert:
– About 36 Oreo cookies (There are usually 30 in one regular package.)
– ¼ cup of granulated sugar
– 6 tablespoons of butter, melted down
– 3 ¼ cups of milk, cold
– 2 tablespoons of milk, cold
– 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips (mini size recommended)
– 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces), thawed and softened
– 1 package of Cool Whip (12 ounces), divided in half
– 2 packages instant pudding, chocolate flavored (4 ounces per package)
Follow these directions to prepare your Oreo chocolate lasagna:
- Using a food processor, coffee grinder, or simply a mallet and a large plastic bag, crush the Oreos until they have taken on a fine consistency, in the form of small crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and the melted butter, spreading the butter evenly throughout the crumbs. Move the mixture into a baking dish (9 x 13 inches recommended). Press the crumbs firmly towards the bottom of the baking dish, and refrigerate the dish while you prepare the rest of the lasagna.
- In a mixer, mix the softened cream cheese until its texture is fluffy and light. Stir in the granulated sugar and the two tablespoons of milk and mix further. Then add half of the Cool Whip, mixing one final time. Spread the mixture over the Oreo cookie layer.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining milk (3 ¼ cups) with the chocolate pudding mix. Mix them with a whisk until the pudding becomes thick. Spread this on top of the previous Cool Whip layer. Let the dessert rest for five to ten minutes so that the pudding will firm a bit more.
- Spread the second half of the Cool Whip onto the top of the lasagna, creating the final layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and freeze for one hour. Alternatively, the dessert can be refrigerated for four hours. Serve cold and enjoy!
Chocolate Cake Lasagna
This recipe is a bit different from the previous one, as it involves a chocolate cake mixture, and use of your oven to prepare it. This recipe also includes some almond extract, adding a great almond cream flavor to the final product. To make this dessert, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 box chocolate cake mix (Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate recommended)
– 1 stick of butter, softened
– 2 containers whipped topping of your choice (8 ounces per container)
– ½ cup hot fudge sauce of your choice
– 1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
– 1 container cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon almond extract
– 4 containers chocolate pudding, pre-made (3.25 ounces per container)
– 3 cups chocolate cereal or wafers of your choice (Chocolate Toast Crunch cereal recommended)
– 1 can chocolate frosting (Betty Crocker Whipped recommended)
Follow these steps to prepare your chocolate cake lasagna:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and the chocolate cake mix, making sure they are evenly mixed. Place in a baking dish (9 x 13 inch recommended), pressing the mixture towards the bottom of the dish. Bake for about eleven minutes, then remove and allow the cake to cool.
- Using a mixer, combine and whisk one container of whipped topping with the cream cheese, almond extract, and granulated sugar. Once the cake has cooled sufficiently, spread this mixture over the top to create the second layer.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the chocolate pudding, chocolate frosting, and half of the cereal or chocolate wafers (1 ½ cups). Spread this on top of the lasagna to create the third layer.
- Create the final layer by spreading the second container of cream cheese on top of the pudding layer. Top this layer with the second half of the cereal or wafers, the chocolate chips or chunks, and drizzle with hot fudge sauce. Refrigerate for one hour and serve cold.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Lasagna
This recipe incorporates the wonderful combination of peanut butter and chocolate. To prepare a peanut butter chocolate lasagna, you’ll need:
– 1 package mini chocolate chips, divided in half (12 ounces)
– 3 ½ cups cold milk
– 1 box chocolate graham crackers (about 14 ounces)
– 1 cup chopped peanuts
– 1 container frozen whipped topping, defrosted (12 ounces)
– 2 packages of cream cheese, room temperature, divided in half (8 ounces per package)
– 1 package instant pudding, vanilla flavor
– 1 package instant pudding, chocolate flavor
– 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
Follow these directions to prepare your chocolate peanut butter lasagna:
- In a small bowl, combine 6 ounces of chocolate chips and ¼ cup of milk and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to smoothness and let cool.
- In a baking dish (9 x 13 inches recommended), spread 1/3 of the graham crackers into a bottom layer.
- In large mixing bowl, beat one block of cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla pudding mix and peanut butter, mixing further. Add 1 ¾ cups milk and mix until smooth, spreading the mixture on top of the graham crackers.
- Spread another 1/3 of the graham crackers on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Beat second block of cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth. Add in chocolate pudding mix, cooled chocolate and milk mixture, and 1 ½ cups milk, beating until smooth. Spread this on top of the graham cracker layer.
- To create final layers, spread remaining 1/3 of graham crackers on top of the chocolate layer, covering them with the whipped topping. Sprinkle peanuts and remaining chocolate chips on top. Refrigerate for between four and six hours, and serve cold.
Once you master these recipes, you can tweak them according to your own tastes and preferences, substituting your own favorite sweets and flavors. With this simple but delicious dessert under your belt, you’ll be well on your way to being a great baker.